Monday, May 23, 2011

May 15, 2011 (1.5 hr calligraphy, Total: 16.5 hr calligraphy)

Action: Today I learned how to write the character for "patience" (ninja). Afterwards, I wrote "patience" on a large sized paper and wrote it using running style (the most difficult style of writing) on both a medium and large size paper.

Next action: I will begin putting together my portfolio and speech in preparation for the practice speech that we will be giving in class.

How Am I doing?: Again, it seems as if I'm picking up on characters more easily now, though once again, "patience" had the character for heart in it, so I only had to learn a few new strokes. What really surprised me was how well I did in the end with running style. The first time I tried to write "patience" using running style, it looked horrible! It just looked like a big scribble. But by the end, I got more used to varying the pressure of the brush, so my running style "patience" turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment