Action: Today I practiced writing "Heiwa" from the previous week in a larger and larger space until I got to the paper that sits on a easel. I also practiced in writing the characters I've learned starting from "Kokoro" in the usual sized spaces.
Next action: I will continue to practice writing "Heiwa" on the larger paper in preparation for the demonstration and will practice writing other characters on the larger paper as well. Next weekend, May 7, I will finish my last 1.5 hours of calligraphy.
How am I doing?: Writing on the large paper was awkward and difficult since I'm not used to the size and having to write on a paper that's standing upright instead of lying flat on a table. I think I did pretty well writing it, though the second character was visibly smaller than the first character. Today, another lady came to take lessons with my mentor (this was her second lesson). When I watched her writing the first character I learned to write, it made me realize how much progress I've made from that simple character to a more complex character on large paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment